Remodeling Business 101 – Three-Part Educational Series
Presented by Leslie Shiner, Author, speaker, trainer, and financial and management consultant.
Construction is a complex business, both in the actual completion of projects and “running the books” behind the scenes. Often, expert tradesmen who start their own business excel at building beautiful projects but struggle with managing their financials and overall business operations. Ultimately, business and financial management are what determine a business’ sustainability and long-term profitability. This comprehensive three-part educational series will help you better understand how to start, build, and better manage a remodeling company. You will learn how to utilize basic financial management concepts, especially those specific to the construction industry. We will also cover best practices for project management to improve profitability. Join us for 4.5 hours of education to understand the basics for starting your own remodeling business or set the fundamentals you can build upon to better manage your current business.
NARI Member Price: $295
Non-member Price: $395
By purchasing this series, you will be granted access to all three session recordings.
1. Building Your Business
- – How to identify your niche
- – How to chose the right type of customer
- – How to put together a business plan, goals, and contracts
- – How to create proper Scope of Work documentation
2. Basic Financials to Grow Your Business
- – Creating good financial statements
- – Understand your costs to help you determine what components of your business are and are not profitable.
- – Determining the true cost of a project and tracking the true labor costs to better manage projects
- – Distinguishing the difference between Markup and Margin
3. Project Management Best Practices
- – Creating budgets and managing jobs against budgets
- – Managing change orders
- – Manage projects from start to finish including follow-through from sales to production to accounting to analysis